It is currently Sat 24 Oct 2020, 12:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Translate english lessons
PostPosted: Mon 17 May 2010, 14:42 

I understand that making new lessons take a lot of time, but translating from french to english, dont take so much time. And In my opinion it's hard to expect many english members if there is only 8 lessons in english covering only basics.

I assume you are french and you are making lessons in your mother language, but for future of this site i think you should focus at english lessons ,as the number of english speaking people is much higher then french. Of course that will be disadvantage for french people to learn as they problably know only they mother language ;p

This portal have big potential but got get something from it you should invest in it aswell. Please dont expect that people will spend here to much time if there are resources you can cover in 2-3 days.

Greetings

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Translate english lessons
PostPosted: Mon 17 May 2010, 14:48 

Hello Pete,
Please look at this carefully :

http://www.japan-activator.com/en/contr ... correction

If you're interested,please let us know :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 01:34 

Administrateur

Hello Pete69, thank you a lot for your feedback!

The fact is that I'm alone managing everything on the site, so translating lessons is not my only task. And believe me, translation can be much time-consuming too beause sometimes for instance explanations are given for people with a French cultural background, and English people would not understand, so the complete explanation must be changed so that English speaking people can understand. The lesson about pronunciation was a perfect example.

For the time being, English speaking members represent 2,6% of the total members. So I feel it's normal I should concentrate on French speaking people for now (it doesn't mean I don't care about other people! I've created several contribution tools to convert everything in English quickly). In two weeks, many pages of the lessons yet to be translated have been translated and corrected by French contributors. So expect new English lessons very soon.

If you like Japan-Activator, the best you could do for me is to tell people around you about it, because unexpectedly it's hard to get new English speaking members because competition among Japanese teaching website is much fiercer than among the French community, and my site will take some time before becoming more visible to English people.

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 16:04 

Hello

Thank you for your fast response.
I know few people speaking japanese, my own brother is studing it few years already. I can try to get some new members but i;m not sure what knowledge level this people have. I bet that people looking for japanese leasons are 50% begginers and 50% know a lot already. As you know learning asian languages by yourself is extremly hard and tiring :)

Good job and keep going

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 19:38 

Administrateur

Thanks for your support