It is currently Tue 11 Aug 2020, 11:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Leveling up and automatic links
PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug 2011, 13:59 

I have done a lot of Kana-pracice with the JA Sensei app and every time I have finished a quiz, I get points. Because of this, I am now on the Yellow 2nd Kyu belt, but I have only just started on the 1st Kyu exercises of the progressive course.

Now, every time I klick "Lessons" on the main menu or on the top of the page under "Progressive course", I am taken to the page with the exercises according to my belt, and not according to what part of the course I have actually done. I then have to click on the lower belt everytime to get to the exercises I'm working with at the moment.

Wouldn't it be better if the links lead to the page where I was working the last time?

Perhaps even the level up to the new belt should require me to finish the tests of all the exercises for my present belt first, and not only be based on the points. Technically, I could get all the way up to the black belts just by practicing the kanas and not actually have learned a word of japanese...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Leveling up and automatic links
PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:33 

For me on the site, I can only successfully take the Kana test once per speed (Slow, Med, Fast). For example, if I successfully passed the Hiragana level 1 slow speed test and I try to re-take it, I can take the test if I want, but no more points will be added to my account. You're on the Android and I'm using JA Sensei on the PC so maybe there's a bug in the Android version of it?

At least on the PC, there's no way to get to black belt by doing just the kana tests. I've ranked up to the 2nd Kyu Yellow Belt from white belt, and even tho I have about 6 or so tests remaining (for all the kanas), I doubt I'll ever get to be a black belt just by doing kana tests.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Leveling up and automatic links
PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug 2011, 15:49 

I haven't tried the PC version but every time I do a quiz on JA Senzei I get around 500 points. Doing 5 rounds on each kana level will give you over 13.000 points.

But whatever you do, please don't limit the ammount of quizes you can do. They're much too valuable as a tool for practicing the kanas and vocabulary. After all the points and belts are unimportant, all that matters to me are the great tools for learning. My main suggestion is that the links to the progressive course should lead to the level where you did your last test, not to the lesson that matches your points/belt.

Profile E-mail