It is currently Wed 21 Oct 2020, 20:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: hiragana and katakana options!
PostPosted: Thu 04 Mar 2010, 14:24 

I would like to ask if there would be possible to use hiraganas and so on instead or with romanjis..? I actually would like to use this site to improve myself but I find some tasks a bit difficult as I have studied japanese trough japanese.. not with romanjis..

I mean like some tasks asks you to write japanese word for english word.. there would be nice if could write with hiraganas..

or is it that this lower level is only like this and as going upper there is no romanjis anymore?

and also could there be some kind of level test when new user comes, so users like me could already start upper level, as myself I have been studying already one year in japan japanese, so it`s really boring to go trough all the basics to just get upper level..
Now I`m studying for 2kyoo JPL test, so I would like to practise this level grammar and kanjis..

Okay,
Have a nice day!
Thanks!
^^v

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: hiragana and katakana options!
PostPosted: Thu 04 Mar 2010, 14:29 

The correct word is "rômaji" ;) ローマ字

Post subject: Re: hiragana and katakana options!
PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar 2010, 03:48 

Administrateur

Hello Murokeksi27,

The lessons starts with romaji so that complete beginners don't feel down too fast. I do understand some people think it's outrageous to give lessons with romaji, but it's hard to satisfy anyone. Anyway from the first lessons all members are encouraged to learn Kana immediately. As the lessons get harder, romaji progressively disappear, and only Kana and Kanji will be used. Anyway you can write in romaji, kana or kanji when you use the vocabulary interactive tool for instance. Press CONTROL on your keyboard to toggle the writing systems.

As for the other question, I changed to lessons access strategy two days ago. From now on, you have access to any lesson whatever your rank might be. But you'll still need to have reached the proper rank before taking the quizzes of the rank.