It is currently Fri 18 Oct 2019, 01:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: multimedia!
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan 2010, 13:14 

i have a question about the multimedia!!
we can find it near the lessons, stats, exercices etc...
i just don't know what is that part of the site!! there is nothing in it!! :shock:
what is the good of that part? we can't find anything in it!
or is it a problem in my browser? Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: multimedia!
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan 2010, 18:31 

Administrateur

This part will included different kinds of files to download. The French version has a couple of files in that section. Many documents are being translated into English, so it will give me an opportunity to add a few files in the multimedia section of the English version too. Please be patient, it takes much effort to create and translate the contents, and as much effort to create new tools.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jan 2010, 20:24 

i see :)
it will be great if will find something to download :)
good luck in your work ;)
you are really doing hard work on the site :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 16:15 

I think the problem with japanese is that this nation don't support any multimedia to learn ;)
I tried learning korean, japanese and chinese so far. And i never found any good video to learn japanese. There is only 1 series made by some american japanese speaker with terrible pronounciation. While in korea they are airing lessons for foreigners every week.

And there is nothing better to practice language then watching movies exept living in that country.

But as you probably know japan it a closed country which never allowed foreigners that's the reason they don't want you to speak their language :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 16:34 

pete69 wrote:
japan it a closed country which never allowed foreigners that's the reason they don't want you to speak their language :)

:? ....

What do you mean ?

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 19:38 

Administrateur

pete69 wrote:
I think the problem with japanese is that this nation don't support any multimedia to learn ;)
I tried learning korean, japanese and chinese so far. And i never found any good video to learn japanese. There is only 1 series made by some american japanese speaker with terrible pronounciation. While in korea they are airing lessons for foreigners every week.

And there is nothing better to practice language then watching movies exept living in that country.

But as you probably know japan it a closed country which never allowed foreigners that's the reason they don't want you to speak their language :)

I think the NHK in Japan airs Japanese study materials on TV for foreigners. You should check their site, or I'm sure Element can give you more information about that.

Young generations are more open to the world than older generations. I've also often heard that once you speak Japanese very well, Japanese may start to dislike you. But I don't think it's the majority of Japanese. It's important to understand their culture, geography, history and customs to understand how they think. It helps to prevent misunderstandings.

PostPosted: Thu 20 May 2010, 16:02 

Element wrote:
pete69 wrote:
japan it a closed country which never allowed foreigners that's the reason they don't want you to speak their language :)

:? ....

What do you mean ?

When Japanese people saw first time white man ?
Why they call you Gaijin ?
You think they are happy that america nuke them twice and make their woman wh.... ?

They are maybe polite to you but you never know what they are thinking about you and asian people usually don't tell you "no" (they will invite you for dinner and when you say ok they will say sorry but next time because today i didn't cook anything)

Anyway it's same for asian people. Japan have strict rules who can enter they country, that's why it's quite safe, and don't have to much homicide.
There is 126 million people in Japan, and only 2.6 million foreigners speak Japanese, so noone will convince me that japan is trying to spread their language ;P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 07:46 

This post is a little old but still have to put in my knowledge.

Pete69 my first question is do you realize you're sounding extremely racist in your post?

Two, Amerca nuked Japan once in two places with two bombs at the same time. The pilots didn't know what they were dropping one killed himself over it.

Three,the USA and Japan are now allied forces with a settled passport law to let americans stay longer on a passport than many other countries. That spells CHANGE the world changes. Older Japanese may be racist but not long ago a survivor of the hiroshima nuke talked about it for AMERCAN reporters.

Four, The younger group of Japanese people are very interested in almost all foreign things.

Five, Gaijin = foreigner, they sometimes use it as an insult as Amercans use names for mexicans. Yet America has plenty of hispanic people accepted by others. So same concept.

Six, Japan has a SMALL population compared to other countries so naturally there will be less resources. Living Language used NATIVE Japanese speakers in their lessons. Pimsleur did the same. Also Japan has language schools with homestay programs that teach their foreign student JAPANESE so they don't care if you learn their language.

Seven, Americans turned Japanese women into wh***'*? No, Look up America's wars Pete. You're thinking more of the Vietnamese and the Koreans.

Sorry if I was mean I just don't like when people give very FALSE information

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:00 

pete69 wrote:

There are indeed some great series like the good old" Yan-San and the Japanese People" episodes. They're a bit outdated in terms of culture (late 80s, early 90s Japan) but the dialogues are great. It was made by some Nippo-American institute and you can find most of them on YouTube.

Japanesepod101.com also has excellent videos.

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:35 

Administrateur

Please stick to the subject of the post. Should you need to exchange about any other topic, then create a new post.

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:46 

Well, I gave a reply to post #4 of that particular thread whose title is "multimedia", if that's off the mark I wonder what you have to say about subsequent replies to pots#4 :shock:

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 15:54 

Administrateur

Sorry Frontier I was not pointing out your message, but rather the ones before concerning anti-Japanese info

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar 2011, 22:23 

i agree with frontier. 'yan and the japanese people' is a little dated, but a fantastic way to learn japanese language and culture. since the series was produced in japan for the benefit of foreigners, it seems to me that the japanese are willing to share their culture and build bridges with others.

Profile E-mail