It is currently Thu 06 Aug 2020, 08:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Grammar...
PostPosted: Mon 04 Nov 2013, 09:10 

Hello all,

I'm sure the questions sounds strange... But it seems I can't remeber grammar (was never good in german with it and I had always trouble in english too...) very well.
If I read about it, mostly it sinks in for some minutes. But some time later it feels always gone...

I read some grammar lessons on this site and I study with the book I have here (seems it is out of print but I like it), which is quite useful as it makes more texts/example to read for me.

Every time i go a bit further and read new examples in the book I always stumble over some grammatical issues because I don't remember what that meant.

I guess active use would be an idea. But I just don't see how that helps if nobody can corret that what I make... Personally I don't now anyone who can japanese so I'm all alone in this topic.

Are there some other ideas/tricks for remembering grammar easylier?

Thank you very much for reading

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grammar...
PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec 2013, 04:28 

Ignoring Grammar in your language studies is a difficult path. Studying grammar a little on the side could probably accelerate your learning a great deal. I have a grammar book that I read in bed, and I try and watch a lot of Grammar based Youtube videos. Now, as my normal Japanese language study continues, I am also starting to learn what an intransitive verb is and an adjectival clause. I think the longer you try and ignore these things the longer you fail to make good gains in Japanese comprehension.
I don't know any tricks though.

Profile E-mail