It is currently Mon 14 Jun 2021, 02:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: QoL suggestion for learning new kanji from vocab module
PostPosted: Wed 05 May 2021, 03:58 

I've been using the app for about 2 months now and it's been amazing! However, I've grown accustomed to using the reference section of the vocab module because of how the lessons link to a particular list of vocab. The vocab word's reference page has convenient links to any kana's or kanji's reference page as well!

The quality of life thing would be this. All of these reference pages have a recognition and writing review icon that only ever brings up a reminder of the SRS and a small notification popup detailing a shortcut (long press the icon) to jump to the quiz section. This reminder is pretty useless as it serves no purpose after you've read it the first time. It would be great if these icons could instead adjust the review status of the item being viewed.

As it is right now, you need to back all the way up to the home menu, enter the learning section of the kana module or either section of the kanji module (the reference section allows you to select multiple items in the list and adjust review status or add to a personal list all at once), then find the item in this section to adjust the review status.

It's quite inconvenient to constantly switch between all these screens when the vocab word's reference page already links to the reference page of the other item.

PS. The review status of radicals can't be changed unless you choose to be quizzed on the entire set of 50+ at once (by using the learn before quiz feature) and individual radicals can't be added to a personal list.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: QoL suggestion for learning new kanji from vocab module
PostPosted: Wed 05 May 2021, 09:18 

Personally, I only use the "review" button on the menu to look at where the SRSs are to be done. Then I close the window and review the categories separately, with my own wordlists.

私は孤独な狼です。

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 22 May 2021, 02:39 

Just downloaded the recent update and wanted to give some closure to this topic. The recognition and writing review icons work as one would expect now and radicals can be learned (tracked by the app) individually by using these buttons. どうもありがとうございました!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 28 May 2021, 13:57 

Glad to know, good learning. :lol:

私は孤独な狼です。

Profile E-mail