It is currently Fri 23 Oct 2020, 12:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Corrections/ Additions/ Ideas
PostPosted: Fri 06 Apr 2012, 07:34 

Hello,
I didn't think you would add a grammer section to JA sensei, but lo and behold you did. Thanks, that's awesome. Just what i was hoping for :D

I also had a few ideas as well.

1: In the lesson and vocab sections and ability to turn off/on romaji, i find it easier to ween myself off of it if i can't see it all.
2: The Phrasebook could use multiple choice answers. It would help memorize all the phrases faster and get you reading more sentences quicker.
3: I'm glad you allowed personal groups, but you should allow less then ten choices when you take quizzes. like 5 at most. ten is a bit much for beginners.
4: In Kanji module. Can we pick a whole joyou grade at time to quiz? It's frustrating having to remake personal list that are so big as a workaround.
Radicals should be an option with the joyou grades.
Can we go from on/kun readings to Kanji? You have the other way around only.
5. In all Quizzes. The amount that we are quizzed on is always less the the list. i think there static numbers like, 15, 48, 60 etc. And also it's completely random.
So i noticed i would get some questions a lot more than others, like 5 to 10 times as often. that's not good if i have never seen any of these kana/kanji/words before
because i don't know what ones I'm missing. it should always be 1 to 1. like if your personal list has 31 items you should get 31 questions each item asked once. Or at the very least,
you should be able to switch from random to "1 to 1".

i appreciate your work. this site and your app really make rosetta stone a matter of exercise, espcially with your grammar module.
A Spanish version would be awesome for the same reason. I'm learning that as well.

Thanks,
Joe

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Corrections/ Additions/ Ideas
PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:39 

I second that.
The radicals should be separated out so we don't have to make a separate list on our own.

Thanks
Mike

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Corrections/ Additions/ Ideas
PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug 2012, 23:45 

I agree as well, point 4 is one of the things I'd been wondering about myself, especially the list of radicals, because to me it seems extremely useful to learn these early. And being able to turn off the romaji in the lessons would be awesome. If that's impossible though, maybe it would be an idea to move it to the bottom of the page instead of the top? Then you don't see the romaji first and get spoilers for at least the first sentence whether you want to or not. Maybe a better order would be kanji -> kana -> romaji -> english? That way the people who want to practice reading don't get 'spoilers' from easier writing systems :)

Profile E-mail