It is currently Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Contribution Points?
PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:27 

Just curious if you've thought of giveing those that purchase your app in the android store contribution points. I just purchased the full package and was just wonder if that was something that could be implimented? I like this site and hope that purchasing the app helps fuel this site as well. I thought since both are linked (Ja Sensei and Japan Activator) that some how I missed a way to link the two and earn contribution points for it.

Thanks in advance!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Contribution Points?
PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:34 

Administrateur

Thank you for your support and interest. I do understand your point of view, and I feel in some way it's normal from a customer's point of view if I may say. The fact is that Japan-Activator required a lot of personal work and investment, and the new stores opened by Google and Apple set prices very low. So people are getting used to it, and sometimes they tell me that my application is way too expensive because they usually buy applications for $0.99... Japan-Activator is maintained by myself and my wife mainly, we created most of the content and I programmed everything. I do it in my spare time, and much content is free.

So I consider that 7.99 EUR for JA Sensei is a very low price compared to the time and effort it took. Also understand that Google take 30% and the local tax services take a big piece of the cake (about 40% from the remainings in my country), too, So I get only a small part for the work done and I have to use a part of this money for investments and fees. I think you can understand it's difficult to stay motivated. This is why I decided not to give contribution points to access the website, it's more a psychological decision for me to stay motivated than anything else. If I gave JA Sensei + access to the website for 7.99 EUR, I think I'd stop developing. People who understand that usually do not mind supporting me and take the Samurai account after buying the application. I just hope you can understand my point of view.

Post subject: Re: Contribution Points?
PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 22:27 

That answered my question perfectly. Thank you very much. I think the price for Ja Sensei was resonable for the amount of content you get. It was more a question of curiosity than a statement of what should be. I plan to make a donation to the site in the future. In all honesty I mainly use Ja Sensei since I'm out of the house so much; but I must say scoring good on a test keeps me coming back to Japan-Activator! i love to guage where I am in my learning.

Thanks again for creating a nice site and I hope you stick around for a while.

Profile E-mail