It is currently Fri 23 Oct 2020, 12:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Missing something?
PostPosted: Thu 29 May 2014, 14:10 

Hello, I was wondering, having found JA sensei on Google Play prior to the homepage and bought the JA sensei application,
is it normal that I'm not a samurai member? Aren't application buyers eligable as contributors, or atleast receive contri points for the purchase?

Information is welcome.

Greets.

PS : loving the app and planning to get JA Audiobook aswell :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Missing something?
PostPosted: Sat 31 May 2014, 07:47 

"JA" site and "JA Sensei" application are two different things. You can download the application even if you do not have a Samurai account.

私は孤独な狼です。

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun 2014, 17:22 

Yes... there are two differents things, but is better if you have an account in Japan Activator, and use this account with the Ja Sensei App.

Also, is a very good idea to purchase the "full version" of Ja Sensei. The full versión have a huge more content (really a lot more).

In fact, with the full versión of Ja Sensei, you have almost the same as for the web page with Samurai Account

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov 2014, 18:03 

Administrateur

This is a question that I'm often asked. Well, when you buy JA Sensei, what I actually receive is about 33% of what you pay for. The rest is given to Google and tax services in my country. When you buy via Paypal for contribution points, I get about 60%, which makes it quite a difference to help me carry on the current projects. So I understand that for you it's the about the same value that you pay, but for me the value is really different unfortunately.

Also the website has about twice as many words in the vocabulary section as JA Sensei, you can have all the Audiobook stories, and there are many exercises in the lessons that are not in JA Sensei. All that takes a lot of time to create, check, translate, and also much money to have everything proofread and for technical services to keep everything running smoothly, book I have to buy to check all what we are writing.

This is why I usually give JA Sensei for free when someone takes the unlimited Samurai account, because I do want to thank as much as I can people who make it possible to bring this project to the next stage. I don't do that as a full time job because I'm currently employed in a company. So it takes a lot of sacrifices for me and my wife to run those apps and website.

I don't know if you understand because I'm manly explaining the point of view of the developer, but as a user I do understand your point of view is very different, it's normal. If you have arguments you want to share here, I'll be glad to discuss them with you.