It is currently Thu 22 Oct 2020, 01:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Kanji learning game
PostPosted: Mon 01 Dec 2014, 14:56 

I've never used this forum - actually I've just found it :-) The suggestion has been already sent via contacts section of the site, but I decided to discuss it here as well.

For me it's especially hard to learn ONs and KUNs. That's true that it's often better to learn words rather than pronunciations, but I believe that this will also improve reading proficiency drastically.

The concept of the game:
You have a table with a row of 5 white KANJI cards. Nearby you have a pile of corresponding KUN and ON cards (let's say light green and yellow). You pull one of them towards the kanji card - the card disappears and the corresponding on/kun appears under the kanji in small font. The goal is to put all the ON/KUN cards onto the correct KANJI cards. Once one of the cards is complete, it changes the colour towards, let us say, golden. Finally, you can review the kanjis by looking at the cards and can view full information by pressing on them. You can learn the next portion of KANJI cards by pressing the "next" button or stop learning by pressing "finish".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kanji learning game
PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec 2014, 18:27 

This game seems fantastic! Where can we find it?

私は孤独な狼です。

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 08 Dec 2014, 13:57 

Quote:
Where can we find it?

You can't. That's just a simple idea which can be easily implemented given that you can code. Unfortunately, I can't. Yet.
Hope that Raphael has read my post and gave the idea some consideration. That's the only major feature that I'm really missing and eager to see in JA Sensei one day. Apart from some improvementis in the vocabulary module, perhaps. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 17 Jan 2015, 23:11 

This is a simple implementation of what I was talking about that I have written in PascalABC.Net. Let's call it an Alpha version. At least I will have to come up with my own version of TTS implementation. Now OnKunLearner uses the console version of 2nd Speech Center. I believe it's only temporary.
The link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbxcw3bptevdo ... r.rar?dl=0

Profile E-mail