It is currently Wed 28 Oct 2020, 09:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Suggestions/issues on different topics
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:04 

Hello.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for developing this amazing piece of software. It has really helped me get a kickstart on my Japanese learning.
However, as the subject of this post states, I've found a few issues and got some suggestions. Treat them as you will :)

Issues:
1. After completing the lessons I currently get a "You scored x % on this test: Congratulations, you may move forward!" Usually I tend to score between 80-90%, and would very much like to hit 100% - but I have no way of telling what I did wrong. As such, the quiz doesn't give me any educational value - it simply tests me.
Maybe you could add a "View your answers" botton, which would you back to the quiz to view your answers and which options were correct. (Much like the setup on the website).

2. Using the quiz function on "Vocabulary" makes the app freeze (and subsequently shut down). NOTE: This only happens on some themes (and only on certain setups). For instance: Testing "colors", I can test my recognition from kanji to kana, but kanji/kana to kana/romaji/english causes the freeze.
This problem applies for the following themes: "Colors", "Arts", "City", "Clothes", "Countries", "Education", "Enterprise and industry", "House", "Human Being - body", "Human Being - Health", "Human Being - Movement", "Politics", "Restaurant and Hotel", "Sport", "Time", "Transportation", "Travel".

These other themes work fine: "Adjectives I and NA", "Family", "Animals", "Cars", "Fruits and vegetables", "Geography and universe", "Human life", "Human Being - Behavior", "Human Being - Senses", "Linguistics", "Mathematics", "Post", "Press and Printing", "Trees and Flowers"

Note that (for sanity reasons) I only tested kanji to english on the majority of these themes. Note also that the freeze occurs when pressing "Start", I can freely choose my setup prior to this.

Suggestions:
1. Add a "Verbs [different kinds]" list for the vocabulary section.

2. Add "recognition/writing overview" (As it exists in kana/kanji sections) for vocabulary lists. The result would be that its much easier for users to practice their alloted X words per day if they didn't have to scroll up and down the entire vocabulary list for training. (So that entering a vocabulary list would show the "Review today/in 3 days/in 10 days/not known/known" sections we see in kana/kanji)

3. I know I'm probably pissing off a few people by suggesting this, but here goes. I'd like to a Furigana to English function on the Vocabulary quizes.
As a beginner in Japanese, and as someone who has a greater focus on reading, I find myself drawn towards learning as many kanjis as possible. This, of course, can be useless and usefull at the same time. Now that I've learnt a few kanjis, I recognise the meaning/subject of some easier Japanese sentences, but I have no clue how to read them out loud without looking up the word. As such, I often find myself wishing there was furigana here to help me along more fluently. For me, the fun in reading is drained abit every time I have to stop, and I know I'd have more fun if I was able to read these words without stopping.

I'm using the app on a LG L2 mobile, modell LG-D802, android-version 4.4.2. I have 750 MB RAM available prior to starting the app (if thats relevant).

I apologize for the long post, I do hope it can be usefull to you in any way. Thank you for your continued amazing work on this app!

Kind regards,
Ivers92

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Suggestions/issues on different topics
PostPosted: Fri 18 Sep 2015, 09:00 

Hi,

Quote:
After completing the lessons I currently get a "You scored x % on this test: Congratulations, you may move forward!" Usually I tend to score between 80-90%, and would very much like to hit 100% - but I have no way of telling what I did wrong. As such, the quiz doesn't give me any educational value - it simply tests me.
Maybe you could add a "View your answers" botton, which would you back to the quiz to view your answers and which options were correct. (Much like the setup on the website).

I also would like to see a function where you can see which mistakes you took on your tests on the app.
Maybe it is enough to see the wrong answered questions. For example it shows the question with the selected and the correct answer.

And i also have to say the app is really good and i appreciate the work that all of you have done for it.

Kind regards,
Bejo7

Profile E-mail