It is currently Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Two questions about vocabulary
PostPosted: Mon 09 Mar 2020, 20:59 

Hello everyone,

I have two questions about the vocabulary section in kanji sheets:

Since the update, the vocabulary list is formatted in a weird way, i.e. the column width of the english translation is increased for long translations which often leads to a very small japanese column that shows none or only one kanji. In most cases I can solve that problem by rotating the smartphone and using landscape mode but I would prefer the portrait orientation. Is there a possibility to return to the old formatting before the update?
I wanted to attach screenshots, but the upload is not possible at the moment.

Also, I have installed all vocabulary modules (JLTP N5-N1, aural comprehension packs). But now easier words are sometimes replaced by more difficult words in the kanji sheets, e.g. for 地 words from N1 and N2 like 全国各地 and 沿岸地方 appear in the vocabulary list instead of "easy" words from N5/N4 like 地図 or 地球 that have moved to the dictionary section. Unfortunately, the dictionary section does not have the extremely useful links to the vocabulary sheet ("learn these words" button). It seems there is a limit of 15 words for the vocabulary section. Is there a possibility to increase this limit to show more words? Or can I give certain vocabulary modules a higher priority?

Maybe someone noticed these things as well or knows a solution. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
ttaker3

EDIT: All of the issues have been resolved with the new update (Version 5.3.2)! The vocabulary section of kanjis (e.g. when taking kanji quizzes) is now even more useful and facilitates learning japanese so much for me!

Last edited by ttaker3 on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Two questions about vocabulary
PostPosted: Wed 25 Mar 2020, 18:02 

No, I have no problem displaying on my tablet. I didn't notice any problem with the vocabulary words either.
Try to ask directly by private message to the webmaster because it may be a concern for compatibility with your equipment and in this case Raphaël makes corrections.

私は孤独な狼です。

Profile E-mail