What is good about year-end holidays is that you can eat cake again without feeling guilty or having to justify yourself because this only happens once a year. So, you say to yourself that you can let yourself go for once…Personally, I am often the last one at the table…
These jokes aside though, here is a quick summary of things accomplished this year:
- The biggest work, the creation of an application for Android phones named JA Sensei!
- Creation of a Facebook page for the site (with almost 1000 fans, thank you to all!)
- Addition of 2 lessons: the lessons dragged on this year due to the other works
- Addition of a section on Japanese counters with excerpts and audio games
- Addition of a “phrasebook” section with excerpts and audio games
- Creation of several new vocabulary topics
- Recording of audio files for all vocabulary topics (80% completed)
- New stroke order system for more than 6000 Kanji!!
- New Kanji tool for printing index and flash cards
- Creation of a culture section with many original writings (all of the writings have not been added yet and a big thank you to the members who created some of the writings.
- Addition of JA Kana, a new smart tool for learning Kanji with an audio quiz
That is overall the work that has been done this year. When I look back, I realize that there is a lot that has been accomplished. But the important thing will be what will be achieve in 2012. I already have many projects in mind but since the activity is changeable, I don't know what will be or may be accomplished. Certain things I wanted to get done in 2011 eventually couldn't be done because things changed and one has sometimes to adapt quickly. Therefore, I prefer not to speak to 2012. In any case, I will make an effort on the lessons; I had some unpleasant but sometimes truthful comments on this matter. There are also other tools much like JA Kana for renewing the exercises (the other tools will remain online).
Anyway, I wish you all and your relatives excellent New Year’s holidays. There have been many of you, once again this year, who followed the progress of Japan-Activator and encouraged its growth. And for that, I am very grateful to you. Let us meet again in 2012!